Monday, February 26, 2007

Wild, Fast, Not-Long Enough Weekend.

My weekend was Great with my Family. Here's the run down on the weekend:

Friday Morning, I picked up my Parents & PawPaw at the airport at 9:15a. We went back to my house to drop off their luggage. We went to lunch with my friend, Deb. We picked up my NEW SOFA. HipHipHooray! The sofa is beautiful. It's also a sofa bed! Praise God. We went shopping a little. I purchased 2 new pair of shoes, and my Parents purchased a new bbq grill for me for my birthday! I am so excited about the sofa & grill! I need to learn how grill and then I will invite my friends over for dinner. Please pray I do not blow up my apartment! Friday night, we went over to Karla's house for her famous Chicken & Dumplings. It's my PawPaw's favorite. PawPaw fell in love with Abigail who is almost 15 months. It was so sweet to see PawPaw hold & rub Abigail's back. Since my Dad's birthday is March 5th, I surprised my Dad with a cheese cake (we all sang happy birthday) & a gift card to Bass Pro Shop.

Saturday morning was a lazy one. We woke up a little late. I cooked breakfast & we ate. We all got ready to do a little more shopping. We went to the Bass Pro Shop, and some other stores to shop. Saturday afternoon, the weather was bizarre (even for Texas). Saturday evening we were dressed & ready for my Sweetheart Ball. I had to give a speech to accept my Sweetheart award. I did not know that until it was time to present all the Sweethearts. I was NOT happy about it either. If I would have known ahead of time, I would have at least had something written down to say. And I simply do not like speaking in front of a large crowd I do not know. I said Thanks and I was honored to be my Chapter's Sweetheart. After my short speech, we had a great time dancing. (I promise pictures will be posted within a week!) At the Ball, we had a silent auction and raffle for the Susan G. Komen foundation. My PawPaw kept bidding on a blanket! I kept wondering why was he bidding on this blanket??!!! In the end, he really wanted me to have it. He WON the silent auction! I am now the proud owner of a beautiful blanket! I will cherish the blanket all the days of my life. I am the luckiest Granddaughter in the world. My PawPaw is absolutely adorable!

Sunday morning, we went to church & lunch. Then we went home to pack my family, and then to the airport to drop off my Parents & PawPaw.

It was a great, fun, short trip with my family. Right now, I am a little homesick. I wish I had a longer weekend with my family. I am very blessed to have my family. Praise to my Lord for a family who supports & loves me.

No comments: