Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Power of Loneliness VS Happiness.

Happy Valentine's Day, My Friends.
On this day of Love, it always amazes me the reaction I get from people when I tell them I am Single at 32. At times, I get the "I am so sorry for you" look, or the "poor dear" look, or better yet "the fat girl is not married" look. When I get one of these looks I always think, I am very blessed in my life. However, I do want to get married and have a family. I am happy because I am truly loved by my family, friends, and pets. I have not "settled" on someone. I did not follow my plan and marry someone who was totally wrong for me. I am waiting on God's Perfect Man for me.
I have the Power to let Loneliness take over or for Happiness to grow in my life. The choice is really simple, but Life is complex. At times, I am lonely, extremely lonely. During these times, I struggle with being Single. I pray & ask God to lead me to the man He has for me. I try to focus on the many blessing God has given me. As a child of God, I am very blessed. I have a family who loves & adores me....Friends who keep me around even after they truly know me.......I have a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in, a car to drive, a church I love, food to eat, a job I like, and the greatest gift of all......the love of Jesus Christ.
I have a choice to make. Do I want to be Happy or Sad? Do I want to look at the positive or the negative in life? My choice is Happiness. Thank you, Lord, for all my many blessings.

2 comments:

Jason Rice said...

WOW! What an awesome testimony of your faith in God.

He has truly blessed you with many things.

Just know that Heather, Luke and I love you too. Happy belated Valentines Day girl.

Phat Girl said...

Jason, Thanks for the wonderful comment! I love you guys so very much!
Take care of my sickly friend! You are an amazing husband! Heather is very lucky to have you in her life & vice versa!