Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Can Your Dogs Count?!?


I'm going to share a Great Little Secret with you. MY dogs are smart! They really are very intelligent! My Dogs are Smarter than your dog! I'm glad I finally told everyone the truth.
Here's my story:
My dogs are crate trained. When I am out of the house, they are in their crate. When I am at home, they are out of their crate. In other words, they rule the house. They also sleep in bed with me. Very Spoiled Dogs! Before I get in bed each night, I give Abby & Phoebe 2 dog milk bone treats each. Last night, the unthinkable happened.........I ran out of dog treats. Yikes! I could only find one milk bone. I broke the treat in half in hopes of them not realizing they only got 1/4 of what they normally get. Well, let's say they both started looking for the other 3/4 of the treats. They both were jumping up & down from the bed, whining, barking, and acting a little nutso. Abby came face to face with me. I can just hear what she was thinking.....Where the hell are my other treats, Mother? I could not take all the chaos they were causing as they hunted for their treats. It was bedtime & I had a long day! I needed sleep! I finally got out of bed, went to the fridge, got a piece of cheese for them both, walked back to my room, gave them cheese, got in bed, and all was calm again! They both curled up next to me and fall asleep. Yep, MY dogs can count! Can yours?


1 comment:

Taylor said...

Wow! They are super smart.