Monday, February 20, 2006

My Birthday, and the old ole days....

WOW! It's amazing how quickly a 3 day passes! I believe even if I took off a whole week from work it still would not be enough!!!!

I took Friday off.......and it was a GREAT day! Deb and I went to breakfast, shopping in Frisco, and then we went to downtown ole' McKinney. I love downtown McKinney! It's a beautiful little town! I would love to live in a small town! Everytime I walked out of a store I just imagined the "good old days" when the little town of McKinney was established! I think about the time frame my Grandparents grew up in.......My PawPaw did not even have a toilet in his home as a child! Can you imagine? Times back then were so much simpler, people were centered around family and friends, and everyone went to church. Times have changed so much in 80 years. Okay, let me get back on track............Friday night, Deb, Robert, and I went to Kobe Steak..........It was so great! I loved it. Saturday morning, I went to breakfast with Karla. Saturday night, I went to dinner with 26 of my friends! I had a great birthday day!!!! Sunday was another great day........I went to church, and then to lunch.........and dinner with friends!!!!
The only sad aspect about my birthday is that it's OVER! boohoo, boohoo, boohoo!!!! I do have a great Praise about this weekend! God has blessed me with some amazing friends! I am truly blessed to have all the friendships in my life.........and ,of course, all the children in my life!
I am simply amazed how quickly life happens...........I just turned 32, but I still feel like I am 21.......Praise God I am not 21 anymore, but I still feel young. My MawMaw use to say she felt she was a young woman trapped in an old woman's body!

The Ice Cream feast was GREAT! I had ice cream twice this weekend! Oh my goodness.........It was blissful! I went to Henry's on Friday, and Cold Stone Creamy on Sunday! The ice cream was sinfully delightful!

Have a great day! I will write more soon.

Big Hugs!

3 comments:

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

You luck dog, you got to go to Kobe's!

I love that place. We usually go there on my brother's birthday. Can't wait until then.

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Tam Tam--Glad you got to make it to Cold Stone....Don't you laugh when you walk in and they yell..."Welcome to Cold Stone". Too funny.....Just checking in to see if you can come to Pokeno on Thurs. night. You can ride with me if you like. It'll be fun. Ms. Sharon can't make it, but if you could I promise you'd have a blast. Let me know G.I. Joe. Hey I rhyme.

Phat Girl said...

Yes, I want to go to Pokeno!!! I will email ya.