Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Parents, Hurricane, Weather channel, Friends......

My Mom and PawPaw evacuated New Orleans & arrived Saturday afternoon around 4:45pm. My Dad decided he was not going to evacuate...BUT he finally decided to come to Dallas....Dad finally made it here around 7pm on Sunday night. Praise God he changed his mind! I know Hurricane Gustav did not actually hit New Orleans, but you never really know where a Hurricane will hit until it actually hits land.

Friday night I cleaned my apartment from top to bottom. Saturday afternoon, I made red beans and rice for a Girl's Night I hosted.......6 of my Girl Friends came over. It was 8 Ladies and my PawPaw. My PawPaw loved having all of us around. I love hosting dinner parties. It's good to spend time with friends and family.

When my family evacuates, they watch the weather channel constantly. I will have to confess.....I literally have watched the weather channel more in the last 3 days than I have in my whole life!!!! Am I sick of the weather channel? YES! Do I wish for the weather channel to start having "Technical Difficulties"? YES! Will I watch the weather channel again (or until the next Hurricane)? NO!

Funny Story.........My Mom and I were talking about being young and irresponsible. We talked about when we were both younger and did stupid things and as soon as her Dad (my PawPaw) walked into the room my Mom grew very silent. I laughed so hard. It's amazing my Mom is 57 years old and she still does not want her Dad to know all the Bad/Silly things she did when she was younger! Heck, I am 34 years old and if my Mom knew all the Bad/Silly things I would do she would ground me! I guess it really does not matter how old you are, you are still Daddy's Little Girl!

My friends, Kenny & Karla, hosted a Labor Day BBQ Party last night. My Parents, PawPaw, and I all had a great time. The food was great and the company so much better. My Family finally got to meet Kenny & Karla's Parents. I believe Kenny's Mom did not think I had "Real" Parents!

P.S. Heather, when is Jason's Birthday?

No comments: