Monday, May 15, 2006

Houston or Bust

I drove to Houston over the weekend! My cousin, Tina, graduated from Nursing School! I had a good time. My Parents and PawPaw were in Houston too! It was great to see my family! My Mom and I did not agrue all weekend! Praise God! It was great spending time with everyone! I drove to Houston on Friday. Tina got "pinned" on Friday night, we all went to dinner at Outback Steakhouse, and then back to Tina's house to relax. Saturday, we ate breakfast, shopped so Tina could get everything ready for her graduation Party (the only complaint I had about the weekend was Tina should have completed her "party" shopping so her company (My Parents, PawPaw, and I) should not have had to travel all over Houston for 5 hours shopping for supplies). I had breakfast with my Mom on Mother's Day. It was the first Mother's Day we spent with each other in years. It was Great to hug & kiss her on Mother's Day! She's a great Mom! My first Mother's day without MawMaw was actually okay! I praised and thanked God for MawMaw, and after I finished praying I was okay! Prayer works wonders! I drove back to Dallas on Sunday.........I then went to Kenny's Mom's house to spend some time with my Dallas Family! Sunday was a great day!

Tina and I are so much alike it's eerie at times, but then again we are SO different. Tina listens to Hip-Hop, R& B, Rap, and Soul music. I listen to Christian Rock, Country, Jazz, Blues, Techo, Rave, Easy Listening, and some classical. Since it was Tina's Party, she played the music she likes (which is how the party should be)........By the time I left her Party, I was READY to leave! I can not stand to listen to LOUD music I do not like. It was good to see Tina have a great time with her friends! She deserves to be happy the day of her Party! Tina is a great nurse. God, I ask Blessings and Guidance for Tina as she enters into the Nursing World!

At my company we are hosting a convention this week, so as a perk the office did not open until 9:30am! It was great getting so much done this morning! I could really get use to working 9:30am until 4pm!

I have so much to do this week.........I am really looking forward to Wednesday & Thursday nights.........I have two girls nights in one week! Dinner with my Sorority Sisters on Wednesday, and Pokeno on Thursday!

God Bless!

2 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Chica.....Pokeno is Tues. Tomorrow night at 7pm my place....NOT THURS.

Ladyornot.com said...

It sounds like you had a good time! I am glad you got to go.