Monday, July 16, 2007

Very Important Public Warning!

On Friday night, I went to my friend Mindy's house for dinner. I cut up fresh jalapeno peppers for a salad. After I finished washing & cutting the peppers, I washed my hands. About 10 minutes later, I rubbed my eyes and the oil from the pepper got in my eyes. It was the worst eye burn/irritation I have ever experienced! I had to immediately wash my face with soap and water for the burning to at least subside a little. Hours later, I touched my lips & my lips started burning.

Warning: Never cut up fresh jalapeno pepper and touch your face. Your face will literally burn even after you wash your hands!

2 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Girl, you crack me up. Also, don't put salt in an open wound. It can burn too.

Phat Girl said...

Thanks for the info. I will definitely keep that in mind!! :)