Monday, July 02, 2007

Survival.....New Church

Last week, was my 2nd Quarter End at work! It was extremely busy, chaotic fun! I worked until I could work no more! :) I worked lots of overtime and by the time Friday night I had brain mush! I was never so glad to leave the office like I was on Friday!

Friday was one of my Bestest Friends Birthday's! Happy Birthday my Dear Friend, Karla. I'm truly blessed to have a friend like you in my life.

I'm seriously thinking about finding a new church. I have been thinking about finding a new church for over a year now. I'm very comfortable at my church. I have great friends & great Pastors, but I feel since I am the only single person in my church my own age I am missing something. I have tried to get a Single's Group going, but every time I did it failed. Since I was the youngest person it in, I definitely was not looking for someone to date. People at my church have a way of doing things, and I can not tell you how many times I have heard "We have never done it that way before." It drives me nuts. I do not care about the denomination I attend. As long as my new church is filled with God's Holy Spirit, I will attend and eventually join! So.....On Sunday, I visited a new church with my friend Mindy and her family. It was a Methodist church in Mckinney. I enjoyed the service, the music was great, the people were nice, and it's not far from my home. It did not feel like home to me. While I was sitting in the church, I felt as if I was "cheating" on my home church. Weird, huh? I need to check out the Single's program.

Friends, If you know of a church--whatever the denomination---that has a great service with a good Single's Group. Please let me know.

Heather, I'm back. Missed me?!

2 comments:

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

I want you to try out our church. Maybe Sunday?

Yes, I missed you something awful. I kept logging on hoping for an update last week. But...I knew your family was in town.

Love ya.

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

I know you will find your perfect fit at the church God has picked for you. I am suprised you have waited this long to change. There are so many wonderful single groups available in churches and there is one waiting for you!

I was going to mention trying Heather's church. It is bigger and you already know several of the people there. Also, Brenna mentioned the church she has been attending has a great singles program.