Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Icyness!

I have lived in Texas for about 11 years (originally from New Orleans). Even after my 11 years, I am definitely not accustomed to the crazy Texas weather. A week or two ago we had 70 degree weather, and this week it's a whole different story. It's been cold, icy, wet, rainy, and snowing. I have wanted to be a homebody this week, but I have to go to work. My drive to work this morning was not fun. Most of the way to work was not bad until I got close to the office. When I stopped at the last red light, my car started going in a different direction than it should have. My heart started racing. I pray everyone gets home safe. I had a great supervisor at my last company who would pick me up on days like this. How I wish I had someone to drive me to & from work? Instead of driving Ms. Daisy, it's Driving Miss BlueEyes!
Monday was a humorous day for me.......My company opened at 10am due to the weather conditions. At about 9:30am, I decide it's time to go to work. My car was so iced over even my locks where frozen. It took me about 45 minutes to get my car & another 20 minutes before my car was defrosted. I was late on Monday. While trying to get into the car, I fell twice in the same exact spot. I'm a smart one!
When I took the dogs out at about 5:30am today, I started slipping all over the place. I did not need to fall again.......so I stayed on the dry concrete. My pups were running around like they had cabin fever. Today my company opened at 10am. It's been a long day so far...1 hour and 45 minutes to go!

Please pray for my cousin, Tina. Tina's Dad died last night.

3 comments:

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

Where do you get these titles?

I am so glad that you made it to work and back in 1 piece!

Mommy Spice said...

I'm glad you made it safely as well. We were home all day. I cleaned out my closet...it needed it desperately!! We've been home for many days now, and I don't mind saying, I've loved every minute of it.

Thank you for your prayers. I will pray for your friend.

Phat Girl said...

Do I pick out good or bad titles? :)