Thursday, December 15, 2005

Thursday Blues

Well, another day at the office! Is it just me or is working 5 days a week, 8 hours a day which totals 40 hrs a week seem a bit crazy? Honestly, I am very thankful for my job, but I could be doing such much more with my time.........helping friends, spending time with family and friends, volunteering at church, a school, an animal shelter, a hospital, or nursing home! I could be spreading God's Word to a non-Christian, but nope I am at work slaving all day!

It's funny how I am the closer I get to a vacation! My brain becomes mush, I am absent-minded, and I just do not want to be at work! I would to be at home watching a chic flick, drinking a cup of coffee, relaxing, OR I would love to be at Karla's house holding one of her beautiful babies!!! Kenny and Karla now have 5 children! Holy Lord, Please bless them, and protect their family! I am so very excited for Kenny and Karla! I have always wanted a big family! One day my Prince will come! LOL!

So, one week today, I will on the road, traveling home to see my family! At this time next week, I should be about 2 hours away from home! WOOHOO! I pray my time with my mother is good. We are having issues.........it's really just Mom and Daughter stuff! I am 31 years old, a very responsible adult......So, why can Mom NOT let go of the control she thinks she has! It's amazing to me when she tells me when to turn off the lights, or how she tells me to handle my dogs, car, apartment, just simply Life in general! Also, it amazes me when I come home she automatically thinks I come home just to see HER! I have other family, and especially my friends I want to see. I hate the fact she is constantly near me when I am home..........I understand she misses me...........BUT when I am home she does not have to consume herself with me! I honestly thought she was getting better, but then MawMaw died, Aunt Shirley died, Hurricane Katrina hit, and then my Step-brother, Jeff is in the hospital.....and now she is back to her old ways. Don't get me wrong, I love and adore my Mom, and I can not imagine life without her.......So, maybe my trip home for Christmas I will just not open my mouth when she starts her Motherly ways........Okay, everyone MUST pray for me........my mouth constantly gets me in trouble!!! LOL!

Here's the question of the day..............what's the deal with NOT telling people Merry Christmas! I will continue to say Merry Christmas when I am in public............Jesus is the Reason for the Season!!!!

No comments: